The liquor industry in New Zealand and overseas have cancelled many large scale events over the past few months in a bid to slow down the COVID-19 pandemic. However, some local events have announced new dates later in the year…
- Hop’N’Vine Craft Beer, Wine & Food Festival will now take place on 10 October.
- The Highball cocktail festival which was scheduled for May, will now take place on October 9-10 in Wellington.
- The second annual Gisborne Beer Festival will take place on 7 November.
- Beervana at Sky Stadium in Wellington has a new date of 20-21 November.
- Winetopia – due to happen in Auckland and Wellington in May and June – have both been postponed. Wellington will now take place on October 9-10 and Auckland on October 30-31.
- Pinot Noir NZ 2021 will now be held on 15-17 February 2022.
Unfortunately some events have been forced to cancel, including:
- Beer-a-Palooza in the Hawke’s Bay which was originally postponed, has now been cancelled.
- Marlborough Food & Wine Festival, which was due to take place on February 13.
- Toast Martinborough will no longer happen in November.
- The New Zealand Wine of the Year Competition 2020.
- The Decanter Asia Wine Awards (DAWA) for 2020 which was scheduled for September.
- The 2020 New Zealand Beer Awards and BREWNZ’20.
- The National Homebrew Competition 2020.
- Art of Wine 2020.
- Coca-Cola Christmas in the Park in December.
As of September 29, Auckland remains at Level 2 – with a gathering limit of 100 people – and the rest of New Zealand at Level 1, which removes any restrictions on gathering sizes.
If you have a new date for an industry event that you’d like to share, please email [email protected]
Did you know?
There are 6 ways you can catch up with The Shout NZ?
Our print magazine – September issue out now! Subscribe here.
Online, updated daily with its own completely unique content and breaking news.
Our weekly newsletter – free to your inbox! Subscribe here.
Our digital magazines – the latest issues are online now, here and here.
We are also on Facebook and Instagram!