The International Wine & Spirits Competition has announced the winners of its coveted Producer Trophies.
Each year, following the completion of medal judging, the IWSC awards trophies to the best performing producers within each wine and spirit category.
These trophies have always been the pinnacle of achievement for competition entrants, as they recognise a company’s overall success rather than individual products.
The winners of these trophies are then shortlisted for the Outstanding Wine Producer Trophy and Outstanding Spirit Producer Trophy, recognising the most successful producer for the year.
The 2021 winners are…
Spirit Producers Awards
- Agave Producer Trophy – El Tesoro Tequila
- Baijiu Producer Trophy – Chengde Qianlongzui Industry
- Brandy Producer Trophy – Hermitage Cognacs
- National Gin Producer Trophy – Trevethan Distillers
- International Gin Producer Trophy – Kyoto Distillery
- Rum Producer Trophy – RL Seale & Company
- Scotch Whisky Producer Trophy – Chivas Brothers
- Shochu Producer Trophy – Hombo Shuzo
- Vodka Producer Trophy – Alberta Distillers
- Worldwide Whiskey Producer Trophy – Kavalan Distillery
The 2021 Outstanding Spirits Producer Trophy was awarded to: RL Seale & Company
Wine Producer Awards
- White Wine Producer Trophy – Weingut Rabl, Austria
- Red Wine Producer Trophy – Vilafonté, South Africa
- Sparkling Wine Producer Trophy – Rare Champagne, France
- Sweet Wine Producer Trophy – Inniskillin, Canada
- Fortified Wine Producer Trophy – Kopke, Portugal
The 2021 Outstanding Wine Producer Trophy was awarded to: Vilafonté, South Africa
Commenting on the results from 2021, CEO for IWSC, Christelle Guibert says the awards are always incredibly hotly contested.
“It is incredibly competitive to even make the shortlist for each trophy and so all producers should be very proud of this achievement.
“Huge congratulations too, must go to our 2021 Outstanding Prodcuers RL Seale & Company and Vilafonté.
“These producers join the IWSC’s very highest echelon of producers to hold these sought-after industry awards, joining the likes of industry stalwarts Ridgeview and Kanonkop for wine and Distell, and William Grant for Spirits.”
The IWSC 2022 Competition entries are now open. Click here for more information.
Did you know?
There are 6 ways you can catch up with The Shout NZ?
Our print magazine – November issue out now! Subscribe here.
Online, updated daily with its own completely unique content and breaking news.
Our weekly newsletter – free to your inbox! Subscribe here.
Our digital magazines – the latest issues are online now.
We are also on Facebook and Instagram!