US win publication Wine Spectator has revealed its inaugural Top 10 Wine Values of 2021, with New Zealand’s Allan Scott Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough 2021 taking top honours as the Wine Value of the Year.
Spotlighting the best-priced wines of the year, the list features bottles that are rated 90 points or higher on Wine Spectator’s 100-point scale, cost $40 or less and are made in large-enough quantities to be widely available.
“Great wine doesn’t have to be expensive,” says Marvin R. Shanken, Editor and Publisher of Wine Spectator.
“In celebration of those wines that overdeliver on quality for the price, we’ve selected our Top 10 Wine Values of 2021. While making these selections, we kept in mind the diversity of the global wine scene, looking for wines with solid track records that are good representatives of their regions.”
The Top 10 Wine Values of 2021 are:
- Allan Scott | Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough 2021 | 93 points | $17 | 100,000 Cases made/45,000 Cases Imported | New Zealand
- Castello Banfi | Chianti Classico 2019 | 91 Score | $17 | 40,000 Cases Made/23,000 Cases Imported | Italy
- J | Pinot Noir Monterey-Sonoma-Santa Barbara Counties Winemaker’s Selection 2018 | 91 Score | $25 | 65,000 Cases Made | California
- Bodega Numanthia | Tinta de Toro Toro Termes 2017 | 91 Score | $24 | 12,500 Cases Made/10,000 Cases Imported | Spain
- Seghesio | Zinfandel Sonoma County Sonoma 2019 | 92 Score | $26 | 100,685 Cases Made | California
- Alois Lageder | Pinot Grigio Vigneti delle Dolomiti Terra Alpina 2019 | 90 Score | $16 | 19,000 Cases Imported | Italy
- Dry Creek | Fumé Blanc Sonoma County 2020 | 92 Score | $16 | 29,000 Cases Made | California
- Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars | Chardonnay Napa Valley Karia 2019 | 91 Score | $34 | 26,400 Cases Made | California
- Frei Brothers | Cabernet Sauvignon Alexander Valley Sonoma Reserve 2018 | 90 Score | $27 | 40,000 Cases Made | California
- Cambria | Chardonnay Santa Maria Valley Katherine’s Vineyard 2019 | 91 Score | $22 | 52,000 Cases Made | California
Did you know?
There are 6 ways you can catch up with The Shout NZ?
Our print magazine – February issue out soon! Subscribe here.
Online, updated daily with its own completely unique content and breaking news.
Our weekly newsletter – free to your inbox! Subscribe here.
Our digital magazines – the latest issues are online now.
We are also on Facebook and Instagram!