World’s best beer and cider revealed…
The International Brewing and Cider Awards have announced just 12 big winners.
The International Brewing and Cider Awards have revealed this year’s Championship trophy winners, recognising just 12 products as the ‘best of the best’ in beer and cider.
Narrowed down from the 133 medal winners announced earlier this year, the final round of accolades recognises nine beers and three ciders as outstanding examples in their respective categories.
At the International Brewing Awards, Championship Winners included: Firestone Walker, Bentspoke Brewing Co, Purity Brewing Company, Black Sheep Brewery and Big Drop Brewing Co, St. Austell Brewery, Alken-Maes, Fuller, Smith and Turner PLC, and The Wimbledon Brewery Company.
Meanwhile, Stonewell Cider/Finnbarra Cider scooped two of the top cider trophies alongside Hogan’s Cider.
“The Championship Trophy winners’ announcement is the culmination of a lengthy judging process, where our panel of 50 industry professionals vote for those beers and ciders that they would be prepared to stake their future success on,” says Ruth Evans MBE, Director of Brewing Technology Services which oversees the awards.
“The quality of the entries we receive each year is exceptionally high and our 12 Championship Trophy winners represent the crème de la crème of their respective categories.”
Judged by professional brewers and cider-makers from around the world, each winner has been chosen by group consensus rather than a scoring system.
Founded in 1888, the awards aim to reward and recognise the innovation, attention to detail and hard work that goes into beer and cider production.
The Championship Trophy winners were announced on 1 May 2019 at a prestigious awards ceremony at the Guildhall, London.
Championship Trophy Winners – Beer
- The International Small Pack Lager Competition sponsored by Brewers’ Guardian – Firestone Walker Brewing Co, Firestone Lager
- The International Small Pack Ale Competition sponsored by British Guild of Beer Writers – Bentspoke Brewing Co, Barley Griffin
- The International Keg Lager Competition sponsored by BFBi – Fuller, Smith & Turner Plc, Frontier
- The International Keg Ale Competition sponsored by Drink World – Purity Brewing Company, Longhorn IPA
- The International Non & Low Alcohol Competition sponsored by All Party Parliamentary Beer Group – Big Drop Brewing Co, Citra Four Hop Pale Ale – Small Pack
- The International Dark Beer Competition sponsored by Institute of Brewing & Distilling – Black Sheep Brewery, Milk Stout – Small Pack
- The International Strong Beer Competition sponsored by Brauwelt – St Austell Brewery, Black Square Small Pack
- The International Speciality Beer Competition sponsored by Barth Haas Group – Alken-Maes, Mort Subite Botanic Lambic Small Pack
- The International Cask Conditioned Ale Competition sponsored by Morning Advertiser – The Wimbledon Brewery Company, Wimbledon Copper Leaf
Championship Trophy Winners – Cider
- The International Classic Cider Competition sponsored by The Cider Manual – Hogan’s Cider, Libertine Small Pack
- The International Flavoured Cider Competition sponsored by BFBi – Stonewell Cider/Finbarra Cider, Stonewell Rós Small Pack
- The International Innovative Cider Competition sponsored by The Cider Academy – Stonewell Cider/Finbarra Cider, Tawny Small Pack
For more information, visit https://www.brewingawards.org/